The longest month of the year is finally over! The days are getting longer and plans are starting to look aligned.
Bookmarks from January
Web development/tech related content
- The Comprehensive Guide to Speaking at Technology Conferences in 2020 - by Karl Hughes.
- It’s 2019 and I Still Make Websites with my Bare Hands - by Matt Holt.
- Changing your name is a hard unsolved problem in Computer Science - by Penelope Phippen.
- Front-End Performance Checklist 2020 [PDF, Apple Pages, MS Word] - by Vitaly Friedman.
- Is your browser a polyglot? - by Chen Hui Jing.
- How Does HTML Microdata Help With Accessibility? - by Scott Vinkle.
- CSS pro tip for mac users: always show scroll bars in macOS. - by Manuel Matuzovic.
- "There Is No Year" Album Cover - by Henry Desroches.
- Training people to do accessibility reviews - by Beverley Newing.
- Speaker Bios - by Heidi Waterhouse.
- The HTML Handbook - by Flavio Copes.
- LOW←TECH MAGAZINE
- CSS can check for a font installed locally before fetching it remotely - by Adam Argyle.
- Optimising SVGs for the Web - by Michelle Barker.
- The CSS Cascade - by Amelia Wattenberger.
Not exactly web development related
- Failure To Launch: When Beauty Fades - by Elizabeth Wurtzel.
- We Need to Talk About Digital Blackface in Reaction GIFs - by Lauren Michele Jackson.
- Burnout Is About Your Workplace, Not Your People - by Jennifer Moss.
- Henry VIII’s Carbon Footprint - by Josh Jackman.
- A viral tweet is claiming that ibuprofen can lessen menstrual flow, and gynecologists say the method actually works - by Shira Feder.
Funny or cute or happy or uplifting content etc.
- Cat calling on TikTok.
- This recipe disaster.
- This miscommunication.
- This person living my dream of having a catio.
- "My butthole has been a location on Facebook since 2012 and I can't get it removed."
- No refunds because of seaguls.
- Calvin Klein perfume 'big hit' with Banham Zoo's big cats
Made me think
Content warning: This section might include tweets that aren't uplifting and happy but rather thoughts that stayed with me.