I didn't realise February was over until today!!!
Bookmarks from February
Web development/tech related content
- a11y.css - by Gaël Poupard.
- We’re Banning Facial Recognition. We’re Missing the Point. - by Bruce Schneier.
- TIL the ruby tag - by Robb Owen.
- Gatsby Starter Book - by Sara Vieira.
- Expressive Design Systems - by Yesenia Perez-Cruz.
- Images with a consistent surface area - by Piper Haywood.
- Pulling data from websites into Google Sheets - by Nick Colley.
- The Ghost of Stagnation - by Alejandra Villa.
- Image masks: Portraits - by Ruth John.
- #16 alt, no wait…, aria-label, no wait…, alt - by Michael "Spell" Spellacy.
- Guerilla design systems. - by Laura Gonzalez.
- Accessibility for Vestibular Disorders: How My Temporary Disability Changed My Perspective - by Facundo Corradini.
- Reading recommendations: Animation on the web and vestibular disorders - by Manuel Matuzović.
- Lesser-known CSS properties in GIFs - by Pavel Laptev.
- A Complete Guide to Links and Buttons - by CSS Tricks.
- What forces layout / reflow - by Paul Irish.
- While You Weren’t Looking, CSS Gradients Got Better - by Ana Tudor.
- Carousel Concepts - by W3C.
- Now you know - by Christopher Neugebauer.
- Keeping it simple with CSS that scales - by Andy Bell.
- font-variant-numeric: tabular-nums - by Sebastian De Deyne.
- Frend - by frend.co.
- Merry-Go-Round - by Estelle Weyl.
- Typographic grid layouts - by Michelle Barker.
- Accordions Are Not Always the Answer for Complex Content on Desktops - by Hoa Loranger.
- Fixed Headers and Jump Links? The Solution is scroll-margin-top - by Chris Coyier.
- Why 543 KB keep me up at night - by Manuel Matuzovic.
- HTML: The Inaccessible Parts - by Dave Rupert.
Not exactly web development related
- Stop Blaming History for Your All-White, All-Male Movie - by Aisha Harris.
- Very Responsive Typography with Variable Fonts - by Mandy Michael.
- Learning from ‘Bad’ Writing - by Dr Lucy Allen-Goss.
- PSA on "unravel thread tools"
- You'll Never See the Iconic Photo of the 'Afghan Girl' the Same Way Again - by Ribhu.
- Being Your Selves: Identity R&D on alt Twitter - by Aaron Z. Lewis.
- Sharing my salary publicly - by Nienke Dekker.
- Filter out male privilege, and the web can be a ghost town - by Mark Wilson.
- Top 10 Pro-tips for Working Remotely - by Carie Fisher.
- We don't need to look real on social media - by Rachel Charlene Lewis.
Funny or cute or happy or uplifting content etc.
Made me think
Content warning: This section might include content that isn't uplifting and happy but rather thoughts that stayed with me.
- On Facebook, anti-vaxxers urged a mom not to give her son Tamiflu. He later died. - By Brandy Zadrozny.