When this month started I was very optimistic. I was full of energy and keen to get shit done. Now, I am overwhelmed with this sense of productivity shame. I have two blog posts that are still on my drafts, one side project and a lot of other tasks to do. Hopefully next month it will be better.
Bookmarks from July
Web development/tech related content
- A Vacancy Has Been Detected - by Kelly Sutton.
- Rainbow coloured grid with Splitting.js and custom properties - by Michelle Barker.
- Eva Design System
- Common Voice- by Mozilla
- SVG shows today's date - by Terence Eden
- Year in photos - by Barbara Yang
- Captions and Transcripts and Audio Descriptions, Oh My! - by Dennis Deacon
- Full stackers - by Chris Coyier
- You don't need MomentJs
- Form design: from zero to hero all in one blog post - Adam Silver
- Pokemon Card Holo Effect - by Simon Goellner
- Heatwave: An Animated CSS Sun Illustration - by Michelle Barker
- Creating my logo animation - by Cassie Evans
- Well-being on twitter - by Andy Bell
- Real dark web - by Charlie Owen
– Charlie Owen
Let's appreciate what the 1% does. But let's not allow the 1% to dominate the conversations and our collective headspace.
Fun, cute, happy, uplifting content etc.
Made me think
Content warning: This section might include tweets that aren't uplifting and happy but rather thoughts that stayed with me.
- "It's a hundred times easier to criticize than create." - Telling this to myself whenever someone mocks the silly things I create.