The whole September I was quite overwhelmed with work and life. I remember that in September "The Social Dilemma" came out. I don't remember a lot more weirdly.
In October I managed to take two weeks off! Visited the Isle of Wight for the first time to celebrate my birthday. Last week I took some time off to study for my "Life in the UK" exam. I also took an English exam. And I passed both!! Now I have the basics to begin the process to apply for British citizenship.
Time is still blur. Some days are particularly hard. It is what it is.
Bookmarks related to tech or web development:
- Web accessibility checklist by Bruce Lawson.
- Digital gardens let you cultivate your own little bit of the internet by Tanya Basuarchive.
- Dyslexia friendly style guide by The British Dyslexia Association.
- Magnet Fingers by Charlotte Dann.
- SVG Line animation by Thea.
- A11y Coffee.
- Pocket pattern.
- How to make your VSCode sparkle by Monica Powell.
- How to audit your website on a budget.
- "Telling people to delete Facebook won’t fix the internet" by Adi Robertson.
- "How CSS Perspective Works" by Amit Sheen.
- "A framework for focusing your learning goals" by Sally Lait.
- "Tips on Making Sure Hidden Content is Accessible (or Not!)" by Scott Vinkle.
- Thread on Algorithms and Black Faces.
- "Data Privacy Exhaustion Is Real" by Simon Pitt.
- "Writing even more CSS with Accessibility in Mind, Part 2: Respecting user preferences" by Manuel Matuzovic.
- "The most useful accessibility testing tools and techniques" by Artem Sapegin.
- You've heard of tax havens. After Brexit, the UK could become a 'data haven' by Carissa Véliz.
- "Honor the ADA: Avoid Web Accessibility Quick-Fix Overlays".
- "Portals and giant carousels" by Jeremy Keith.
- "Why I Don’t Have Time For Your Coding Challenge" by Michelle Barker.
- "Pom-poms and pig's bladders: the traditions of Germany's Black Forest – in pictures" by Mee-Lai Stone.
- "Candy-coloured photographs of LA's glorious hidden beauty by George Byrne" written by Katy Cowan.
- "Parents Got More Time Off. Then the Backlash Started." by Daisuke Wakabayashi and Sheera Frenkel.
- "How not to be an alien" By Frank Trentmann.
- Brexit/Ireland/Trade thread.
- "How Photo Retouching Worked Before Photoshop" by Jocelyn Sears.
- "Japan’s Lost Generation Is Still Jobless and Living With Their Parents" by Yoshiaki Nohara.
- "You Don’t Batch Cook When You’re Suicidal" by Jack.
- "The Overwhelming Racism Of COVID Coverage" by Indi Samarajiva.
- Buying Myself Back by Emily Ratajkowski.